Impressive conversion to org-mode. Describes replacing the functionality of several apps by org mode. Quite detailed.
- “We don’t remember anything anymore.”
- “We’re increasingly outsourcing our personal memory banks to Google and other search engines, effectively wiping our own brains of easily accessible information.” a.k.a. the Google effect
- “We waste time preserving optionality.”
- “We’re refusing to finalize our plans until critical moments. The ability to make reservations, check opening hours, look up driving directions, and review ratings on our mobile devices means that we’re increasingly iterating our schedules and keeping our options open until the very last moment before that meeting, lunch, or coffee catchup is set to begin.”
- “We get stuck in the infinite notification loop.”
- “As we endlessly loop between Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other app notifications, our attention fragments, and it becomes difficult to focus on larger…
View original post 789 more words